Friday, March 12, 2010

Stalker

We had someone come out and look at our drains the other day. I went with this person because they are a relative of someone that we know.

This person came out, ran the water a bit, poured some more powerful "Drano" down the drain. Go get more. Do it again. Take out his snake, that was too small, even by his own admission, and have a go. To no avail.

I asked him when he left if I owed him anything, and he said, not until we get it fixed.

Okay.

So, I go out, on this guys advise and purchase more of this heavy duty drain unclogger and put it down the drain over night. Works for one day.

I get a call this AM from the plumber asking how things were. I didn't get the phone because I was in a meeting. Get home, unload the van, and guess who comes pulling up? Yeap, the plumber.

So, either it is coincidence and he is working on someone's house on my very block. Or, he is casing me.

He comes up to me and asks if my drains are working. I replay the whole ugly black mess to him. He then asks if I can give him anything for his time.

Umm, sure, since you did absolutely nothing for me or my pipes. Sure, since you said I didn't pay unless you got things working. Sure, since you are a bright plumber who doesn't even have a long enough snake.

But I did.

So, am I a jerk for not wanting to pay, or is he the jerk for asking?

I don't mind paying, but when you walk out of my house refusing payment until the situation is resolved...then I have a problem.

So, now I shelled out $40 on top of what I am going to have to pay a real plumber to come out with a real snake.

3 comments:

H said...

Hmm, $40 would have been a steal if it had been fixed, but since you have to pay someone else I'd be a little annoyed.

Matthew J. said...

I have a snake as well. Want to try mine before you go calling someone?

Unknown said...

I say you buy that thing I showed you but I would not have paid him I would have had him "try" to fix it again and again .....and again until he determined that you should call someone else since he couldnt fix it. lol