Thursday, June 4, 2009

Measuring Small

It never ceases to amaze me. I get all these wonderful comments about how small I am, how I am all belly, etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, I love these comments. It makes me stop thinking about the stretch marks that envelope my entire body from the belly button to my mid thigh. Not to mention those above. I wasn't exactly Pam Anderson before the birth of my first, so I had some "growing".

It also makes me stop thinking about my achy hand that hurts and tingles no matter what I do. Apparently carpel tunnel is common during pregnancy. Who knew I would get the pleasure of experiencing it during my fourth pregnancy. Who said they aren't all different? Let's not forget the swollen feet that have given more than one person a shock. At least my body is good for some laughs right now.

OK, I digress. Talking of measuring small. Every time you go in they take the measuring tape and measure you from your public bone to the top of your uterus. It is supposed to be the same number of inches as you are weeks pregnant. Follow me? I ALWAYS measure small, especially toward the end. This does lend itself toward some last minute ultrasounds to make sure the baby is still growing.

At 32 weeks this little one was approximately 4 pounds. At 36 weeks and 2 days (today), he is measuring at 7 pounds. Yeap, seven pounds. He has the cheeks to prove it (see below)! Guess who he gets those from? (I love you Shaunton!) If he stays in there and cooks, that puts him at about 8.5 to 9 pounds at birth. Right were I estimated him to be before even having the ultrasound. Oh, and he has hair.

Isn't he so cute!!!

Oh yea, he is still a boy. You know, had them check...just in case.

So, recap, just because we look small, doesn't mean we aren't packing the pounds on or that our babies will be tiny. (I have gained 32 pounds to date.) But, we still love the complements!

3 comments:

Jason said...

GET ME OUTA HERE! even if I dont have a name yet.

H said...

I didn't even notice to swollen feet until you pointed it out. They just looked like normal feet instead of your skinny little bones. That whole Stretch Arm Strong business is pretty cool though.

Thanks for not posting the 3D pic. showing that he is, in fact, a boy!

Jill said...

He is so fabulously adorable. You guys do make great kids. I can't wait to meet him. Let me know if you need anything!