Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grandma's House

Jaxen just needed to let it all out I suppose. He hasn't cried since the one time on Sunday. He called this morning at 5:30 (6:30 Grandma's time) to talk. I guess they are out doing their morning exercises. Jaxen ran around the cornfield 5 times. He said he is getting faster. They do morning exercises every day.

They go and clean the churches throughout the week. The wards/branches are so small, that it is easier to pay someone to come and clean them then to have members clean them I suppose. It involves a lot of driving to get to them.

Last week Jaxen said that he and TJ had to chase a cow off the lawn of one of the churches. So it wouldn't eat all the grass. Definitely not something he would have to do here. He talks about the lambs being born and watching westerns when they do get a night to watch a movie. Herding sheep isn't so easy with tired little lambs that want to sleep and big sheep that want to keep going to get to the good stuff.

He calls for family prayer each night (unless he falls asleep first), and I read him a story that he picks out the night before. Something we do every night when he is at home. I guess the familiarity makes it easier.

I am so proud of him. As he and his cousins (and uncle) get bigger they will be an even bigger help to their grandma.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Man! Thats my son! I'm so proud of you Jaxen!!!

H said...

Hang in there Mo! This time apart is good for both of you, as hard as it may be.