Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Break Vacation Day 1: The Beach

So, we surveyed the children prior to this vacation to see what they wanted to do. We wanted to do a little bit of everything. One of Ember's top choices was to go to the beach. We headed to the beach right from home, so it was a fun time to look forward to. We had to pay to park. There was a kite flying competition going on. We took off our shoes and walked to the beach in our regular clothes, got wet, and then came back and changed into our swimsuits. Silly, I know.

 
The water was cold, but not as cold as it was the last time we went (in March a few years ago). The kids had fun running in and out with the tide.
  Built sand castles with motes, and the resorted to digging holes to fill with water.
 Owen enjoyed digging with an abandoned shovel.
 Kaysen enjoyed sliding down the sand banks.

I found a men's wedding band, diamonds and everything, on the beach. I looked down and saw a circle like something in the sand. I bent down, thinking it was probably a bottle cap sticking up from the ground. Nope, a ring. Weird, since a guy was walking around earlier with a metal detector looking for treasure! Maybe it just washed up?

2 comments:

Carianne said...

So what did you do with the wedding ring? Looks like your kids loved the beach!

Unknown said...

I love the beach pics! I miss the beach! I love that you had so much fun!I am also with Carianne what did you do with the ring? I think I will get a job to save up to go to the beach now...