Friday, April 8, 2011

What makes you think of Grandma's House?

On the way to pick up Jaxen and Ember from school I was talking to Owen about going to Grandma's for Easter. He asked me which grandma. I told him Grandma Horsey. He thing proceeds to spew a list of words out loud:

milk
pa-corn
chairs
t-vev (tv)
snow
horses
sheeps (right, mom?)
one goat

Just like that, no sentences, just words. I then realize that these are the words he associates with Grandma Horsey.
 
milk - the last time we were up there we had hot chocolate made with milk (much better than with water!).
pa-corn - it is a treat to eat popcorn and watch a movie at Grandma's because she never watches tv!
chairs - we all pull out the folding chairs and sit around watching the tv, Grandma has no couches.
t-vev (tv) - see above.
snow - it was snowing the last time we went!

horses- Grandma Horsey is named that because she has horses.
sheeps (right, mom?) - she has sheep too!
one goat - yep, only one.

It is fascinating to see them work things out in their minds. Sometimes I wonder what and how they come to the conclusions they do on many things, but when I step back I can almost always see how they got to that assumption or answer. They really do think outside the box if we encourage them too!

1 comment: