Friday, January 23, 2009

Kindergarten Woes

Jaxen goes to school at Broadmor. We don't feed into that school, but I wanted him in half day kindergarten so we put him there. It is the only half day kindergarten in Tempe Elementary District. I kept him at Broadmor knowing that his sister would be following suit in just two short years.

I come to find out that the half day kindergarten is being moved to Fuller Elementary, which, of course, is on the out shirts of the Tempe Elementary District. It is over on Baseline and McClintock, or somewhere around that area. It is not like it is that far of a drive, but dang it, I don't want to drive to two schools! It is bad enough that my crazy self is willing to drive to the school 3 times a day with a newborn in tow, let alone try to add a few more miles, a second school, and more time onto that three times a day trip.

I seriously almost cried about this.

I'm sad. I emailed the district to find out what in the world they were thinking, but I don't think my little voice means much in the grand scheme of things.

So to save some brain cells (me), some gas, some time, and some energy...I have decided to put Ember in full day at Broadmor. I am bummed. However, I really like Broadmor and don't want to drive to two schools or take Jaxen and move him when he is doing so well.

I guess I wanted her to do half day because it was a good transition for me and for her. Right now she goes to preschool two days a week for two hours. It is hard for me to throw my kids right in, but maybe this is the Lord's way of making the decision for me because He knows what is best for Ember and for me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

2¢ Wah wah wah just do it already....just kidding I know some moms actually like their kids and don't want them to be at school all day unlike me but still you will have another baby soon and maybe you need Ember at school so shes doesn't beat this kid up. ha ha

Anonymous said...

I know you are sad about this. I'm very sorry but on the good side of it we will be splitting up the car drive every day because I have also decided to send Sydney to full day kindergarten at Broadmor. Matthew has agreed to pick up all kids after school and you and I can work out the morning drop off. I am also happy with the school results of Broadmor and I'm excited Sydney will have a good school to attend. I am also sad about Sydney going to kindergarten because I have so much fun with her being home with me. I don't have any other little one's :(

Jenny D. said...

I think it's better to stick with a school that you KNOW you like and that you know Jaxen likes. The rewards will come!

H said...

When did parenting and schooling become so difficult? Why don't we do it the way our parents did it and just do the local school? It kind of sucks to be informed doesn't it?!

I think it helps to remember that each kid is different and that you and them will adapt to change differently. I might not be so hard to let Ember go all day when you see how excited she is to be at school all day with her brother. Seriously, I try to see things from their perspective rather than my own.

H said...

That was supposed to be: "IT might not be so hard" not "I". I don't care how hard it's going to be (oh, just kidding!)

Anonymous said...

That is a bummer. I'm sure she'll do well, though. With a mom like you, she's bound to succeed anywhere. :-)