Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sorry...please come again...

Last night I went to go see Owen at the usual time. I get there and peek in at my little one when his nurse comes by.

"Did you bring any milk?"
"Um, no".
"We are almost out"
"There should be some in the freezer"
"The freezer is empty...I guess I should have told you to bring some....sorry"

Great!!!!! So, I turn my tail right around and go home to get some. He didn't even have enough for his next feed, which was in the next hour! The nurse is lucky I don't live too far from the hospital or I would have raised he!!. So, after driving home and back, I get to hold him and feed him. (That was the good part)

Talk about an oinker...he ate his feed in 15 minutes with only one desat....good boy. His nurse (a different night nurse, who has been doing it soooo long she is practically mechanical) says, you know he can go home on oxygen...if he keeps this up he'll be home in no time. HUH?
YES!....I mean no....I really haven't thought about all this have I? I am not looking forward to pumping, attempting to BF, heating up bottles, etc all at the same time....I think I am tired now....I can't even imagine what I will look and feel like when he comes home....*sigh* He better be a good boy.....or else he is getting it when he gets older, LOL.

No comments: