Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Break Day 4: San Diego Zoo

Last time we were in California, we went to the zoo. It seemed so much MORE last time we came. It wasn't too thrilling this time. The kids enjoyed it though, and it was a good work out on the legs with all the steep terrain.
 I think I did more child watching then I did animal watching. Their fascination fascinated me.
 Is it me, or does this camel look a little frothy? Slightly concerned.
 The cool thing about this zoo is that it really is much more up close and personal then our zoo. I could reach in and get my hand bit off if I really wanted to. Can't do that at our zoo.
 Alas, I still try to figure out why I bring the stroller. No one wants to ride in it....until on the way out...when everyone wants to ride in it.
 Elephant stampede victim.
 Awe, isn't he an awesome dad. My heart gets big when I look at pics like these.
 Are you not smiling? You need this as a screen saver!
Once again, caught in the act of curiosity. I love to try and get pics when they are acting natural and exploring the world around them.

Overall, it was a nice day and we had fun traversing the zoo. It was easier than last time and we managed to see most of it. I think everyone's favorite exhibit was the snake house. Lots and lots o poisonous snakes! I think we spent as much time looking through there as we did walking around the rest of the zoo. Jaxen liked to read the endangered meter for each animal. They would race up to each one and declare the status of the animal. It was educational, and I can't complain because the kids were free! :)

No comments: